When you arrive at the BC SPCA Penticton Veterinary Hospital, you can expect quality care for you and your pet.
Please check in with reception when you arrive.
You and your pet will be brought into an examination room as soon as we have one available. Our goal is to make sure all of our patients are seen on time, but occasionally there are unexpected delays due to emergencies or because we are providing care for a patient that needs a little more time.
Please accept our apologies should this occur, and understand that the same dedication and courtesy will be provided to your pet should they ever need it.
During your visit
- If a New Client Form has not been completed prior to your visit, you must complete this at reception.
- Once checked in, one of our team members will see you into the exam room.
- A veterinarian will meet you, gather basic information about your pet’s health, examine your pet, talk about any questions or concerns you may have and plan further diagnostics or treatment as needed.
- Any recommended diagnostics tests and treatments are performed.
- When the veterinary consultation is complete, you’ll go back to our front reception area where your billing and future appointment bookings will be handled.
- Depending on the reason for your visit, you may expect a follow-up call from one of our registered veterinary technicians to get an update on how your pet has been doing since their visit. If you have any concerns, talk to the technician about them.
If your pet is scheduled for a surgery, please review our surgery instructions.
After your appointment
Did you have a great visit? Send a review and tell us how we did! We would love to hear from you and continue to improve our services for you and your pet.